- Japanese popup translator Firefox add-on. When turned on, you can simply move the mouse over some kanjis to have the reading and meaning displayed in a pop-up. This is a killer app.
After installing the add-on, you also need to install dictionaries from here:
- Rikaikun (chrome extension)
- Same as Perapera-kun for the Google Chrome browser.
- SPACE ALC (アルク)
- Japanese-English, English-Japanese online dictionary. Not great, but the best that we know, with many example sentences.
- FOKS (Forgiving Online Kanji Search)
- FOKS is a Japanese-to-English dictionary which allows lookup by reading,
and can correct for many common types of reading errors,
created by a Monbusho Scholar: Slaven Bilac.